Labels

Monday, July 1, 2013

Woman equal rights?

Getting all new trending in social media and not surpise seing the photo of models from Instagram posted by Isabelle Daza kissing fellow model and IT girl Georgina Wilson with a photo captioned  with "Our take on equality for gay rights…", it was in the news and when I saw it on my friend's blog, I can't help asking what in the world is really happening?
khayeganda.blogspot.com
Screenshot from http://splittingmythoughtsinto2.blogspot.com/ 
They said the gesture is to support the US Supreme Court in historic rulings on gay marriage last June 26, which nullified  the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and Proposition 8 - Two struck down laws denying benefits to gay couples and cleared the way for same-sex marriage in California.
I can't really believe that these two beautiful ladies post a photo to support same-sex marriage. Nakakalungkot talaga! But what can we do, they post and people seem liking it.
This is a world pull of surprises; a girl before like Charise Pempengco, now out lesbian, a man before like Rustom Padilla after a while an admitted gay.
If this is a way of  telling to have equal rights, parang mahirap na magkaroon ng equal rights, you can change your gender anytime you want to.

I simply don't like the photo, for me it sets a connotation for young girls that it is ok to be gay or lesbians. I am sure every mom will agree.
Personally, I like Gorgina Wilson and Ysabelle Daza, they are beautiful and I thought that these ladies are mamahalin in a way, that they will not stepped down to this level of social media. I assumed befcause I know they were from a good family back ground and for sure adopts good values (I thought). I use to point out to my girls that I want them to grow like these ladies, but now I will think twice if I wilI still patronize them.
 I wonder why do they need to do this? Is this how they describe woman equal rights? Big dissappointment for a mom like me, really.    


No comments: