My kids are excited to prepare thier relief goods for school donation gathering for the victims of typhoon Yolanda. The school announced that they are going to participate to help victims from Tacloban who have been devastated by last typhoon and I can see that this is also an opportunity to teach my kids on how to be a blessing to the needy.
School teacher said kids can donate anything that they want to bring for donation, but spicificaly mentioned that the victims need packs foods like noodles, canned goods and bottled water and medicines.
Other from these my kids also want to bring old clothes and blankets but I explained to them that the school can only bring food donations and we can bring blankets and old clothes instead to our church who also gathers donations to help.
My little one said her donation is few and we need to add more like "milk for babies mom" she said and had a sad face while fixing a pack of noodles. I know my Stephanie has great heart to help but our resources is limited to packs of noodles and packs of canned goods and bottled water. My heart touched by her word that the babies needs milk too. Ofcourse I explained to her that every little thing and donation would help families in Tacloban now and it's not her donations does matters but her heart to help and I embraced her tightly for I know my daughter have a big heart to help even on her own little way.
|Help Tacloban operation of Cathedral of Praise Manila, Philippines|
As a part of this donation event in my kids life, I am very happy to know that 23 countries all over the world already sent different type of assistant to help our fellow kababayan.
Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said they have already monitored a total of 23 countries along with the United Nations (UN) and the European Union (EU) that have offered humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to the victims of Yolanda from deployment of search-and-rescue teams and medical personnel; provision of relief goods, such as food, water, tents, and blankets, among others; provision of medical supplies and vaccine; deployment of ships and aircrafts; and cash donations.
These are the countries that have made offers of assistance from SunStar.Com
1. Australia – financial aid
2. Belgium – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
3. Canada – financial aid; in-kind donations
4. China – financial aid
5. Denmark – financial aid
6. Finland – in-kind donations
7. Germany - in-kind donations, medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
8. Hungary – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
9. Indonesia – in-kind donations
10. Israel – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
11. Japan – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
12. Malaysia – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel, supplies
13. The Netherlands – financial aid
14. New Zealand – financial aid
15. Norway – financial aid
16. Russia – medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
17. Singapore – financial aid
18. Spain – in-kind donations
19. Sweden – financial aid
20. Turkey – in-kind donations, medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
21. United Arab Emirates – financial aid
22. United Kingdom – financial aid
23. United States of America - financial aid, deployment of ships and aircrafts, medics rapid response team, search and rescue personnel.
So touching to know that these countries want to help our kababayan and I hope these assistance would reach the people who really in need. These event only shows how God really work to put good things altogether to bless country who needs help and thats is amazing.