Labels

Monday, June 24, 2013

Three characters of a wise child

Today I want to talk to youngster, kids and teenagers. I want to share something that can make your parents happy and be proud of you: Simply just be Wise and possess these characters traits from Bible teachings.

Three characters of a wise child:

1. Listening - A wise child always listen to their parents. The Bible says in Proverbs 13:1 A wise child heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen to rebuke. 
Proverbs 23:19 Listen, my son and be wise, and keep your heart on the right path. 
As a mom I can say: What a joy to parents to know their children listen to them. I always  told this to my 11 years and 7 years old daughters, "remember that no father and mother would ask their child to be bad."
A friend will be there for you, but your parents is100% always be there for you no matter what happen.Sometimes parents made mistakes too for running everything in your life but I am sure 99.99 percent of the time parents love their child and they always wants best for you. Believe it or not listening to your parents can make you do right thing 99.99 percent. It also says Proverbs9:8  listen, my son to your fathers instructions and do not forsake your mothers teaching. 

khayeganda.blogspot.com
kids with their cousins and grandmother Rebecca last summer

khayeganda.blogspot.com
My kids with their cousins and grandmother Anita in a family dinner  

2.Also works when there is something to be done. Child help your parents. The least you can do as child is to help your parents doing chores in your house. Think that these chores will also help you be responsible. For example clean your room, change your bed sheet every three days, it would be a great help you know.
As mom, I always asked my daughters to help me fold the laundry, and rearrange their cabinet. For me teaching my kids folding laundry makes them responsible of their own clothes,  they know where to put dresses and pants, under wears. If I ask them to get one, they don't need to ask me where to get it because they are the one who take care of it.

It always a good feeling to see kids helping me doing my chores. It makes me smile when I see their room neat,  it's like a feeling of accomplishment that they listen to my instructions.
How about you how you make your mom smile lately?

3.Bring joy - Proverbs10:1 A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother.  Every child birth is a joy to his parents and believe me all parents wants to keep that joy even after you become parent your self.
Proverbs 23:15 My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad.
As parents nothing I can explain for these words to my kids but: Be wise in everything you do my child: In having friends, in following discipline, be responsible in every actions you do, face the consequences of your actions, be good and always have a pure heart in everything. This make my heart glad as parent.
I am sure every mother and father agree when I say that every parents speaks " I always want the best for my child" and in able to do this as child you need to obey your parents for this is right  Ephesians 6:1.
Proverbs27:11 Be wise my son and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who treats me with contempt.

Having great relationship with your parents is something that you can always do everyday and I am sure every parents agree that they want their children to be friends with them even they grow up.
Be wise and make your parents happy for the rest of their lives.

No comments: